Do you suffer from Oenophilia? Don't worry, its just means you are a lover of wine (and yes, its contagious)! You don't have to be a true wine aficionado to enjoy traveling the world one wine glass at a time. Socialize and learn from vintners, sommeliers and wine merchants on these amazing themed journeys Avant-Garde Travel has selected just for you.
Wine Of Australia & New Zealand
19 Days, Melbourne, Australia To Queenstown, New Zealand - Globus
From $5,195 USD per person*
Australia and New Zealand have developed an international reputation for award-winning wines and on this Australia and New Zealand tour, you'll visit many of the wine regions and tour some of the wineries. You'll overnight in Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Auckland, Napier, Wellington, and Queenstown.
In Australia, visit the wine regions of Yarra Valley, with a cold climate perfect for high-quality grape growing; Barossa Valley, one of the world’s great wine growing areas; and Hunter Valley, home to over 120 wineries. An evening at the Wine House in Melbourne (a special experience included by Globus) gives you an introduction to Australia's wines. Also visit some of Australia’s most famous wineries, including Jacobs Creek; Seppeltsfield, famous as the world’s only winery to release a 100-year-old, single vintage wine each year; and McGuigan Wines, named International Winemaker of the Year for a record four times. In New Zealand, enjoy lunch at a winery on beautiful Waiheke Island and visit the Hawke's Bay region, New Zealand's second-largest wine region.
In addition to wineries, this Australia and New Zealand tour also features a visit to Kangaroo Island, where you’ll see kangaroos, koalas, Australian sea lions, New Zealand fur seals, and stunning views. At Healesville Sanctuary, the best place to see Australia’s wildlife in their natural habitat, see wombats, kangaroos, dingoes, platypus, and more. In New Zealand’s Fiordland National Park, witness some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery of Milford Sound on your cruise.
All of this and much more - including a tasting tour at Adelaide’s thriving Central Market - await you on this marvelous tour through Australia and New Zealand.
- September 10, 2018
- October 8, 2018
- October 22, 2018
- November 12, 2018
SeaDream yacht club WINE VOYAGES
SeaDream features Nine Wine-centric Voyages in 2018 and Ten in 2019
Showcasing the most picturesque yachting ports of the Mediterranean, and Caribbean for 2018, on five-to-ten day sailings, each itinerary pairs the ultimate wine experience with the regions’ most scenic backdrops. Whether a seasoned wine connoisseur or new to learning about and liking wine, these voyages are a perfect occasion for developing a passion and knowledge of wine and cuisine.
Discover well paired land adventures in the Mediterranean, such as truffle hunting in the Italian forests of Castello Delle Regine followed by a delicious meal with the “catch of the day” paired with exquisite wines from the vineyard. Enjoy complimentary wine tastings with the winemaker and a special Winemaker's Dinner onboard.
Wine voyages allow guests to mingle with the likes of Clovis Taittinger, whose family is recognized worldwide for producing some of the finest champagnes available and is notably one of the last remaining family-owned and operated champagne houses. Andrea Mullineux, South African winemaker and Swartland revolutionary who was recently named “Winemaker of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast. SeaDream will be honored with the presence of Angelo Gaja of Gaja Winery, an Italian wine producer from the Piemonte region whose history and legacy started over 150 years ago.
Below is a list of SeaDream’s 2018 & 2019 Wine Voyage itineraries:
- Monte Carlo, Monaco roundtrip: May 28 – June 2, 2018. CHAMPAGNE TATTINGER
- Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy to Venice, Italy: June 16 – 26, 2018.
- Athens (Piraeus), Greece to Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy: Aug. 4 – 11, 2018. LOUIS JADOT
- Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy to Athens (Piraeus), Greece: Sept. 1 – 8, 2018. GAJA
- Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy to Nice, France: October 6 – 13, 2018. CHAMPAGNE HATTetSONER
- Barcelona, Spain to Malaga, Spain: October 20 – 27, 2018. TORELLO
- Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S.V.I roundtrip: November 17 – 24, 2018. SCHUG
- San Juan, Puerto Rico roundtrip: January 12 – 19, 2019. STAG'S LEAP CELLARS
- Barcelona, Spain to Nice, France: May 4 – 11, 2019. DOMAINE do L'HORTUS
- Barcelona, Spain to Nice, France: May 18 – 23, 2019.
- Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy to Venice, Italy; June 11 – 12, 2019. DIEVOLE
- Venice, Italy to Athens (Piraeus), Greece: June 12 – 22, 2019. CHAMPAGNE BOLLINGER
- Lisbon, Portugal to Bordeaux, France: June 27 – July 6, 2019. ORNELLAIA
- Nice, France to Barcelona, Spain: October 5 – 12, 2019. CAZES
- Barcelona, Spain to Malaga, Spain: October 12 – 19, 2019. CHAMPAGNE TATTINGER
- Marigot, St. Martin to San Juan, Puerto Rico: November 30 – December 7, 2019.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico to Charlotte Amalie: December 14 – 21, 2019. TERLATO WINES
On all SeaDream voyages, bar drinks and selected wine are complimentary. Wine packages by-the-glass during Winemaker’s dinner and Wine Land Adventures are offered for an additional cost. During the Wine Voyages, a representative from the visiting winery will be present, to host the scheduled wine tastings and the Winemaker’s Dinner.
SeaDream Yacht Club's inclusive fare includes ocean view accommodations, gourmet meals, gratuities, wine with lunch and dinner, open bar, watersports and so much more.
Virtuoso Amenity: $200 stateroom Spa Credit on all Wine Voyages.
*For more wine themed luxury cruise dates in 2018 & 2019 contact Avant-Garde Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuscany & Cinque Terre escorted tour
8 days, roundtrip Florence with Tauck
From $3,990 USD per person*
For the Culturious, Tuscany travel is tasting the flavors of olive oil. It’s a lesson in key Italian words to get you comfortable ordering gelato on the piazza... or choosing your lunch at a local market. It’s feeling that much more savvy after an art history briefing. It’s walking through the medieval alleys of Siena... or bicycling along the walls of Lucca. It’s laughter. It’s sharing vino made from grapes in the vineyards you’ve just walked through and kicking back. It’s about becoming a part of day-to-day Italy... and new views on life.
- Small Culturious groups, averaging 18 guests
- Hike along Cinque Terre’s coastal paths amidst breathtaking views
- Go inside an artisan’s workshop and studio with a Restoration Specialist
- Sample the street foods of a Florentine market
- Take a guided tour of the quarries where Carrara marble has been mined since Roman times
- Learn about the life & works of Michelangelo at a lecture hosted by a Florentine art historian
- A wine and olive oil tasting in Tuscany & a cooking class in the art of making pasta
- A wine tasting class in Siena along with dinner in a wine cellar
- Bicycle ride atop the walls of Lucca
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- 12 meals (7 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 3 dinners), service charges, gratuities to local guides, admission fees, taxes and porterage
- April 15, 2017
- May 6, 2017
- May 20, 2017
- June 3, 2017
*For more wine themed Italy tour dates in 2016 & 2017 contact Avant-Garde Travel at email@example.com
Terms & Conditions: All rates are per person in USD and based on double occupancy in a entry level room. Solo travelers in a double occupancy room must pay an additional single supplement amount. Offers are valid on cruise or tour only fares for select dates. Offers are not combinable with any other discounts, are limited to availability, are capacity controlled and are subject to change or termination without notice. Port charges, land programs, transfers, airfare and gratuities are additional. Other restrictions may apply. CST#2130874-40