Do you suffer from Oenophilia? Don't worry, its just means you are a lover of wine (and yes, its contagious)! You don't have to be a true wine aficionado to enjoy traveling the world one wine glass at a time. Socialize and learn from vintners, sommeliers and wine merchants on these amazing themed journeys Avant-Garde Travel has selected just for you.
Wine Of Australia & New Zealand
19 Days, Melbourne, Australia To Queenstown, New Zealand - Globus
From $5,195 USD per person*
Australia and New Zealand have developed an international reputation for award-winning wines and on this Australia and New Zealand tour, you'll visit many of the wine regions and tour some of the wineries. You'll overnight in Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Auckland, Napier, Wellington, and Queenstown.
In Australia, visit the wine regions of Yarra Valley, with a cold climate perfect for high-quality grape growing; Barossa Valley, one of the world’s great wine growing areas; and Hunter Valley, home to over 120 wineries. An evening at the Wine House in Melbourne (a special experience included by Globus) gives you an introduction to Australia's wines. Also visit some of Australia’s most famous wineries, including Jacobs Creek; Seppeltsfield, famous as the world’s only winery to release a 100-year-old, single vintage wine each year; and McGuigan Wines, named International Winemaker of the Year for a record four times. In New Zealand, enjoy lunch at a winery on beautiful Waiheke Island and visit the Hawke's Bay region, New Zealand's second-largest wine region.
In addition to wineries, this Australia and New Zealand tour also features a visit to Kangaroo Island, where you’ll see kangaroos, koalas, Australian sea lions, New Zealand fur seals, and stunning views. At Healesville Sanctuary, the best place to see Australia’s wildlife in their natural habitat, see wombats, kangaroos, dingoes, platypus, and more. In New Zealand’s Fiordland National Park, witness some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery of Milford Sound on your cruise.
All of this and much more - including a tasting tour at Adelaide’s thriving Central Market - await you on this marvelous tour through Australia and New Zealand.
- September 10, 2018
- October 8, 2018
- October 22, 2018
- November 12, 2018
wine themed European river cruise
Taste of Bordeaux - 7 nights roundtrip Bordeaux on AmaWaterways
From $2,349 USD per person*
Bordeaux, the capital of Aquitaine in Southwestern France and one of the world’s undisputed wine capitals. You’ll discover stately chateaux, abundant vineyards and stunning scenery as you sail along the Garonne River and its surrounding estuaries, calling upon port cities like Cadillac, Bourg and Libourne. Enjoy tastings of some of the region’s most distinguished wines and visit notable sights.
AmaWaterways offers exclusive wine cruises that showcase the acclaimed wine regions along Europe’s Danube, Douro, Mosel, Rhine, Rhone and Seine Rivers. These unique sailings are hosted by top wine experts and feature complimentary lectures, wine tastings, exquisite cuisine with paired wines, and excursions to historic vineyards and wine cellars. Guests learn about centuries-old wine traditions, sample one-of-a-kind vintages and enjoy private wine-themed excursions. Other highlights include: music and newly pressed wine at a rustic Austrian tavern; Alsatian wines in Colmar, the French “Capital of Alsatian Wine”; and a German "Oktoberfest" in the village of Vilshofen, held year-round exclusively for our guests. Love wine? These are the perfect cruises for you!
Wine Cruise Highlights:
- Exclusive shore excursions to historic wineries & vineyards
- Private wine cellar tour
- Inspired wine & food pairings
- Exciting lectures and discussion with acclaimed wine experts
- Select premium wine tastings from celebrated North American and European wineries
Departure Dates & Wine Experts:
- July 20, 2017 - The Wilson Family, Owners of Wilson Creek Winery - Temecula, CA
- August 10, 2017 - Greg Freeman, Winemaker at Hahn Family Wines - Soledad, CA
- August 17, 2017 - Ray & Loretta Falkner, Owners of Falkner Winery - Temecula Valley, CA
- November 16, 2017 - Preston Mohr, wine expert and wine educator
- March 29, 2018 - Jeff & Diane Cranor, Owners of Nottingham Cellars - Livermore, CA
- April 5, 2018 - Steven Kent Mirassou, Owner and Winemaker at Steven Kent Winery - Livermore, CA
- April 12, 2018 - Scott & Jana Harvey, Owner & Winemaker at Scott Harvey Wines
- June 28, 2018 - Cal & Judy Schmidt, Owner & Winemaker at Schmidt Family Vineyards
- July 12, 2018 - Michael Barreto, Winemaker & Certified Wine Educator at Le Vigne Winery - Paso Robles, CA
Special Offer: Book soon and save $1,500 per stateroom on select Wine Cruises in 2017!
*For more wine themed river cruise itineraries and dates in 2017 & 2018 contact Avant-Garde Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuscany & Cinque Terre escorted tour
8 days, roundtrip Florence with Tauck
From $3,990 USD per person*
For the Culturious, Tuscany travel is tasting the flavors of olive oil. It’s a lesson in key Italian words to get you comfortable ordering gelato on the piazza... or choosing your lunch at a local market. It’s feeling that much more savvy after an art history briefing. It’s walking through the medieval alleys of Siena... or bicycling along the walls of Lucca. It’s laughter. It’s sharing vino made from grapes in the vineyards you’ve just walked through and kicking back. It’s about becoming a part of day-to-day Italy... and new views on life.
- Small Culturious groups, averaging 18 guests
- Hike along Cinque Terre’s coastal paths amidst breathtaking views
- Go inside an artisan’s workshop and studio with a Restoration Specialist
- Sample the street foods of a Florentine market
- Take a guided tour of the quarries where Carrara marble has been mined since Roman times
- Learn about the life & works of Michelangelo at a lecture hosted by a Florentine art historian
- A wine and olive oil tasting in Tuscany & a cooking class in the art of making pasta
- A wine tasting class in Siena along with dinner in a wine cellar
- Bicycle ride atop the walls of Lucca
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- 12 meals (7 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 3 dinners), service charges, gratuities to local guides, admission fees, taxes and porterage
- April 15, 2017
- May 6, 2017
- May 20, 2017
- June 3, 2017
*For more wine themed Italy tour dates in 2016 & 2017 contact Avant-Garde Travel at email@example.com
SILVERSEA'S WINE SERIES VOYAGES
17-days Valparaiso, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina on February 3, 2017
From $7,425 USD per person*
With over two weeks of wonderful cruising, this journey through the Chilean fjords, Argentina, the Falklands and Uruguay is nothing short of spectacular. Visit Ushuaia, the city at the end of the world, dance a Tango in Buenos Aires during your overnight and marvel at the spectacular beauty of Patagonia’s jaw dropping glaciers as you drift by.
Wine Theme Inclusions
Enjoy lectures, tastings and optional private tours to renowned vineyards & world-class wineries — a famous château in the Médoc region of Bordeaux, for example, or a winery in the Barossa Valley in Australia. On board, you'll enjoy an extensive selection of fine red & white wine pairings with both lunch and dinner.
Included Silversea Cruise Highlights:
- Spacious suites – over 85% with private verandas
- Butler service in every suite
- Free WiFi throughout the ship
- Personalized service – nearly one crew member for every guest
- Multiple restaurants, diverse cuisine, open-seating dining
- Beverages in-suite and throughout the ship, including champagne, select wines and spirits
- 24-hour dining service
- Onboard entertainment and enrichment lecturers
- Complimentary transportation into town in most ports
- Onboard gratuities
Wine Themed Departure Dates:
- November 10, 2017 - Barcelona to Bridgetown (15 Days)
- December 6, 2017 - Bridgetown to Fort Lauderdale (12 Days)
*For more wine themed luxury cruise dates in 2017 & 2018 contact Avant-Garde Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions: All rates are per person in USD and based on double occupancy in a entry level room. Solo travelers in a double occupancy room must pay an additional single supplement amount. Offers are valid on cruise or tour only fares for select dates. Offers are not combinable with any other discounts, are limited to availability, are capacity controlled and are subject to change or termination without notice. Port charges, land programs, transfers, airfare and gratuities are additional. Other restrictions may apply. CST#2130874-40